With 40+ years of practice in the multifamily industry, Rick Ellis, CAM, CPM has extensive apartment management, marketing, and leasing experience. As a consultant, property management executive, national marketing director, and an onsite manager and leasing professional, he can provide expertise in apartment operations, onsite management, and acceptable onsite practices.
Mr. Ellis is a trustworthy and reliable expert witness. His ability to create reports that are comprehensive and show continuity and clarity helps streamline your case. He is eloquent and credible in a deposition or on the stand. He understands the often complexity of a case and can proficiently follow the timeline and details.
Professional Designations and Memberships
- CPM, Certified Property Manager – Institute of Real Estate Management
- AMO, Accredited Management Organization, a designation earned by ELLIS HomeSource from the Institute of Real Estate Management
- CAM, Certified Apartment Manager – National Apartment Association
- Apartment Association of Greater Dallas – Former Member of Board of Directors
- Apartment Association of Tarrant County – Former Member of Board of Directors
- Institute of Real Estate Management – Dallas Chapter – Former Board Member
- National Association of Residential Property Managers
- National Apartment Association
Multifamily Experience Includes
- Onsite leasing and management of apartment communities in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- Vice President of Operations, overseeing and directing a portfolio of 35 apartment communities representing over 5000 units
- Providing consulting services for hundreds of companies over the past 34 years as the owner of ELLIS Consulting Group.
- Assignments include everything from contract lease-ups to troubleshooting operations and onsite team members.
- Consulting assignments include property acquisition due diligence as well as extensive market studies and “Highest and Best Use” studies.
- Rick is an astute troubleshooter and turn-around specialist for troubled multi-family assets.
- ELLIS Consulting Group provides sales, leasing, customer service, and fair housing training to property management companies and multi-family property owners throughout the country.
- In addition to a busy consulting and training schedule, I currently manage 300 single-family homes, duplexes, and small clusters of rentals through a residential property management company, ELLIS HomeSource Property Management, AMO.