What to Do While You Are in Quarantine… Don’t waste this time while your office may be closed!
So much is flying around the internet about preparing for the Coronavirus and how to minimize the risk of contaminating others. I don’t feel compelled to address that important issue. I will leave that topic to the health experts.
What I can speak to is your productivity and your professional obligations during this challenging time. Many of us have been banned from the office (or work with the doors locked) or have chosen to self-quarantine while our cities and country wrestle with COVID-19. Does this mean a temporary hiatus? Are we done with work for now?
No doubt, safety first! Yet, we do have an asset that needs our attention. Our owners and residents are depending on us! The apartment onsite professional can be productive whether working isolated at the office or from you home. Here are a few ideas.
What to do while you are in Quarantine:
- Audit your online advertising and update content and photos
- Review your social media and study the posts and online visits to gain marketing insights
- Check all rating and review sites to see if responses are needed or appropiate
- Use ZOOM to have an online brainstorming session with your team and to keep in touch
- Catch up on your education with some online learning through https:/www.edge2learn.com
- Drive your comps – You will be safe; you can stay in your car and still catch up on your submarket
- Write thank you notes to your trusted and significant vendors
- Work on your lease renewals by phone and text – Hey, your Residents are likely home too
- Clean out the closets and files
- Paint and clean the office
- Organize and clean that filthy maintenance work and supply room
Again, SAFETY FIRST! Practice social distancing and stay away from people groups. Yet, there are hundreds of important tasks we can be doing from home or privately in a back office. Take advantage of this “down time” and once this crisis is over, you will be ready to thrive! And this will pass. Be careful, friends!